Tuesday 19 August 2014

TS - Brown on Blue v.4.1 (unfinished)

Brown on Blue v.4.1 - Pencil and Colour Pencil
Not a good day for sketching. I started with this sketch being all excited about recreating Brown on Blue v.4.0 but once I had drawn out the circles and started filling them with different tones of blue I quickly became unsatisfied with what I was producing. Somehow the colours were missing the vividness you can give them when you draw more free hand, mixing them and pushing the pencil down hard sometimes and only barely touching the paper other times. This was too mechanical for today and didn't feel like me drawing. I needed something that would be rough around the edges* but as soon as I had stared with this everything went sour (see above).



The below picture was shot just before I started** to go a bit more free hand on this whole thing.
Brown on Blue v.4.1 (in the making) - Pencil and Colour Pencil
It's funny how some days you really just want to draw mechanically, repeating the same pattern over and over again until your hand is all cramped up, just because it is relaxing to your mind. And other days you need more freedom and feel confined in a pattern like this. Well today was one of the latter days.

I'll try to have a fresh start on this tomorrow, all free hand maybe?

*The "Brown Here" letters are actually my favourite, because rough, part.
**Well to be honest I had just stated and immediately noticed that it was a mistake.

No comments :

Post a Comment