Friday 15 August 2014

TS - Brown on Blue v.2.0

Brown on Blue v.2.0 - Aquarelle
One of my friends who takes a look at the pictures here encouraged me to think a bit further on the Brown and Blue theme of an earlier sketch and turn it into something more than just a nice to look at sketch. Her recommendation was:
How can you take the blue and brown squares further? Maybe fellow German- Paul Klee, a favorite of mine!!, and his more cubistic/ abstract watercolors from Tunisia could be inspiration! I love these pieces!!
While I have to admit that I have not yet looked further into any of her recommendations, though they are all familiar to me, I will certainly do this in the near future. Maybe even this weekend as I hope to get a bit of free time in.
My main interest in the Brown on Blue Theme is just the mix of colours -which is not properly displayed on the screen and in my images-  which works incredibly well together. I also like anything that I plan out with a ruler and a sharp pencil* -the squares were mapped out that way. Anything technical or with a technical feel to it is fun to draw/paint and tickles my fancy.

*Except pictures like the Zen Garten where the lack of a ruler makes it look more alive.

2 comments :

  1. I Love the whole Brown on Blue Series!
    Are they similar in size?
    Might do one on my owne :) inspired by you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all over the place in terms of sizes. Come as small as A7 and as big as A4.The digital ones are not really any size at all, unless you count mini ipad as a real size.
      I guess the sizing doesn't really show in the pictures on here. I'll think about a solution to that.

      Delete